Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day 3

Hello everyone.  This is Cody Anderson again.  Dr. Ross was too tired last night to blog (as was I), so he asked me to give an update on how day 3 went yesterday.  We actually woke up at 4:30 AM to in order to be gone by 4:45 to get to our drop off point for Dr. Ross.  He started riding around 5:45 AM.  In the end, we ended up at our hotel at around 8:15 or so last night, so it was definitely a long day.  There were quite a few highlights from the day.  We went to the B&G club in Savannah, GA which was great!  Even though, they were delayed about an hour and a half or so, we still met some great people and got to spend some time with the kids.  We played basketball with them for a while.  Dr. Ross continued to tell me that he could "eat me up" on the basketball court.  Though, he never did agree to a 1 on 1 matchup.  I will say that he has pretty nice jump shot though.  Anyways, back to the kids....The kids loved him and were grateful to have him there and enjoyed the time spent with him.  In fact, afterwards they asked if they could watch Dr. Ross as he rode his bike across probably the biggest and steepest bridge I've ever seen.  So we put them on a bus and they followed behind Dr. Ross all the way across the enormous bridge.  Needless to say, Dr. Ross was exhausted when he got to the other side.  Apparently, the kids were a little upset at first, because they thought they were going to ride across with him, and asked where their bikes were.  We got a laugh out of that.  One of the directors (JoJo Jones) was a really great guy and, we found out later, that he broke Walter Payton's NCAA football record for most touchdowns ever a few years back.  Pretty impressive!  Also, later that day, I stopped off the road to take pictures of this swampy area.  I started talking with a group of people there, and come to find out they were from Kinston, NC.  When I told them that we were from Greenville they shouted out loud, all 6 of them, for about 10 seconds straight.  I guess you could say they were excited....  Dr. Ross had a great ride yesterday.  He rode about 130 miles i believe, which is insane considering we had a bout a 4 hour layoff in total during our time spent on behalf of the B&G club.  He is basically a machine.  Not to mention, he can eat cinnabuns and milkshakes from McDonalds and still continue riding like he just ate a nice carb-filled plate of spaghetti.  I kid you not, at around 6:15 PM he told me to have 2 large chocolate milkshakes waiting for him upon his arrival at his next stop.  Not a joke, haha.... Anyways, that is all I can think of for now.  We got up at 4:45 this morning and are back at it again.  I'm sure Dr. Ross will give some updates tonight, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Hippo Hurray!! Praying 4 you again today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the blog's coming. Sounds great! Tell Dennis we are behind him and following each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work Dennis! Hey Cody, you are doing a great job as well. Tell Dr. Ross that I tried the two chocolate milkshake trick but it didn't work for me!!

    ReplyDelete