Wednesday, May 9, 2012

200 miles left!!!

So 1000 miles down, only 200 left to go.  I can't believe he's gone this far.  We left very early once again to begin our trek today.   Florida has been a very beautiful ride for the both of us driving on the A1A, which has included seeing enormous homes and beautiful ocean views.  The trouble for us has been making sure we are on the right roads.  A lot of the roads have several different names so it is difficult to keep up with it all.  So we definitely have had a few times where we have had no idea if we were on the right road and we just prayed that we were.  To be honest, today there weren't too many crazy things that happened.  We did get the opportunity to go to the B&G club in South Miami, which was fun.  They really enjoyed the presentation and afterward Dr. Ross called into the radio station in Greenville, NC and let some of the kids talk on the radio.  They were pretty excited about that.  When we pulled up they had about 150 kids there lined up on two sides with a banner going across the middle for Dr. Ross to ride through and break, which was pretty neat.  We are now in Miami Beach and ready to get these last and final miles in to complete this trip.  Miami Beach is a pretty cool place. Crazy at night I am sure, but it is still very beautiful here.  Oh yah, and when we got to our hotel for the night, we found that Dr. Ross' tire was flat once again (third time) and guess who will be replacing that tomorrow morning...:)  Luckily we have a second bike for the time being.  Anyways, not too much else that I can think of.  I am sure tomorrow will bring some pretty exciting stuff.  Sorry this blog was so short but I am about to fall asleep on this computer right now.  It is definitely time for bed for me.  I promise there will be more to come for tomorrow.  Not having anything crazy happen to us is a very rare occasion.  Talk to you guys soon.
Cody

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates Cody. Please tell Dennis we are following him. Good luck with the last 200 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, only 200 more!! I have loved the updates and have looked forward to them each day. I am looking forward to having you both back with us......Safe and Sound!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 200 miles to go?! Hard to believe and so amazing! I knew Dr. Ross could do it, but gosh I'm impressed:) I'm thinking if Dr. Ross can bike 1200 miles, I can lose 30 pounds - ya think? Great job - great day - so happy. The weekend will soon be here:)

    ReplyDelete