Friday, May 4, 2012

Day 2 (What an adventure!)

Hey guys! This is Cody Anderson. I will be blogging this morning for Dr. Ross. I am the one driving his tahoe and following him on this journey to make sure he is safe and has the things he needs along the way.  I guess you could say I am his personal assistant for the next week and a half or so. We apologize for not posting anything yesterday.  We stayed at the Mansfield plantation last night and we did not have access to the internet.  The driveway was 2 MILES LONG!!! We were in the middle of nowhere but there was beautiful scenery.  Ok, so yesterday was about as crazy as it could get.  Let me start with the morning....First off, Dr. Ross and I must've seen 50 snakes on the road, both dead and alive.  I almost ran numerous over in the tahoe.  Dr. Ross' feet are clipped into his shoes while riding and he can't life his legs up, so he was praying each time he went past a snake that it wouldn't jump and get him.  Next, we were driving down the road and a lady was texting, going aboutt 55 mph, and ended up in the ditch on the opposite side of the road along with another car.  It was a very big ditch.  I went by and everyone was ok thank goodness  Then, not too long after that, there was a vehicle carrying a riding lawnmower and it fell completely off the truck and into the middle of HWY 17 almost right in front of us.  Then finally to top things off, I was driving down the road when I suddenly heard a pop and then a loud wheezing sound.  Yep, thats right, I got a flat tire driving down the road! Talk about Ironic, considering I am the one that is supposed to be ready to get Dr. Ross' tires on his bike fixed if needed.  Luckily, thanks to two good samaritans, I was able to get a ride to a tire shop and the tire fixed up and ready to go.  We were supposed to be at the Boys and Girls club in Myrtle Beach at 4:00, and we rode in at 4:03, even after all of that chaos.  The kids loved Dr. Ross and were very happy to see that he is raising money on their behalf.  We even had a child donate $1 because he was inspired by our cause.  How awesome is that! We are now on our way to Beaufort, SC to speak to another club at 4:15 today.  By the way, Dr. Ross rode about 125 miles yesterday!  Anyways, sorry this was so long.  I tried to condense it, but there is so much to tell.  I will post some pictures, and Dr. Ross will give you un update tonight!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like just another day in paradise!! We are praying for you both. ke

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Sounds like you both had an adventurous day! Cody, so glad you are there for Dr. Ross. You are doing a great job! I'm SO proud of you Dr. Ross:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a crazy day. Glad everyone is safe! Go dad!!!

    ReplyDelete